Last year, you may remember we launched a limited-edition Welsh language time teaching clock. Well, our initial supplies dwindled incredibly quickly and due to popular demand, we can now confirm that we have more clocks back in stock!
Before we look at the clocks themselves, let’s remind ourselves why embracing the Welsh language is so important.
There have been a number of items in the news recently about the Welsh language, including:
- The Welsh government is hoping there will be 1 million Welsh speakers by 2050
- The number of children going to Welsh language schools (Welsh Medium schools) has more than doubled in the last 30 years
- Welsh is a compulsory language for pupils across Wales in Key Stages 1, 2, 3 and 4
- The BBC recently launched a second welsh language radio channel
- Welsh was officially allowed to be used as the language of a debate at the Houses of Parliament, during a meeting of the Welsh Grand Committee recently
So, it seems Welsh is a language on the up, and with government initiatives to encourage more speakers and many pupils in Wales being taught in Welsh, there is a need for resources that will fit in with Welsh time teaching lessons.
Our Welsh classroom clocks feature our simple, 3-step time teaching system and are ideal for the classroom wall as they are silent – so no ticking to distract your students!
We developed our time teaching method back in 1992, and we still believe it the best way to teach children to tell the time, no matter what language they are learning in. Our clocks are designed to be bright and engaging to make children want to interact and learn.
Orders can be placed online, so please click here to view our Welsh language time teaching clocks or call us on 01684 566832 for more information.